Latest Posts

#YALC excitement! | May Top Five

By 13:00:00 ,


Hello my lovelies!

Have you seen the line up of authors for the Young Adult Literature Convention that takes place in London?! (Spoiler alert: V.E. Schwab, Patrick Ness, Alwyn Hamilton, Holly Bourne...!!) Check out the schedule here! In addition to all the wonderful panels and authors, they're setting up an Agents’ Arena.. which sounds terrifying, but I wanna goooooo.


*ahem*

It just happens that YALC falls on my birthday weekend... (I share a birthday with Harry Potter so now you finally have proof that I'm cool), and I think I'll treat myself and hopefully spend the entire weekend in London. So if you're around my corner of the world and you're planning on going - let me know! I'd love to meet up with people!
(Was that too many exclamation points? I'm too excited about this today.)

Anyway, I should stop rambling, yes?


SO MANY GOOD BOOKS THIS MONTH. Just like last month. And the month before. And... I digress. Here are my favourites I read in the past month (4/5 are YA. Do I read anything else nowadays?):

Am I Normal Yet? by Holly Bourne. I buddy read this with the wonderful Ely @ Tea and Titles, and I think we both really connected with this book. There are so many important topics in it: feminism (the Spinster club!!), friendships (no bitchy girls!), and how hard it is to share about things sometimes (e.g. mental health).

Every Exquisite Thing by Matthew Quick. Wonderful contemporary YA. There's a story inside the story that affects people in interesting ways... Give it a go, it's really good!

Traitor's Blade by Sebastien De Castell. First in a high fantasy trilogy, the dialogue in this one is so funny, the plot is all twisty-turny and you're continuously surprised while reading it. If you're into fantasy, get on it!

Sunbolt by Intisar Khanani. Such an awesome YA fantasy novella. You'll have to binge it, trust me. (The sequel is a lot longer so if you get hooked you can go straight into that one!) 

The Problem with Forever by Jennifer L. Armentrout. This is YA romance, really, and as you may know, I don't read a lot of romance. Loved loved loved this one.




Also my baby sister had a baby boy yesterday! Guess who's a happy auntie who gets to visit them today?!
Okay, lovelies! Let me know if you're planning on going to YALC! Have you read any of my recommendations? Also, feel free to throw recommendations at me ;)

You Might Also Like

0 comments