Latest Posts

the Sunday Post: in which I actually have no idea what day it is

By 06:00:00 ,

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme for sharing our news and plans for the next week, hosted by the wonderful Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.

Hello lovelies!
Since I'm doing Camp NaNoWriMo, this week has been about writing (yes, again, I'm pretty boring, sorry!). I think I've made it about halfway into my draft - I hit 31k on Monday night, and I'm hoping whatever muses are currently taking pity on me continue to do so.

My yoga mat has become a place for wine-drinking and typing. (Sorry, yoga mat. You're serving a new purpose. We all have to make sacrifices.)

Since I'm mostly plotting, writing, and reading at the moment, my sense of time is all wonky (as is my sleeping schedule but that problem's always there). In any case, I've given up on knowing which day of the week it is. I trust other people to remind me. (I saw Greg's Sunday Post was up and remembered it was time for this. Yep. Thanks, Greg!)


Random Ramblings: I talk about Camp NaNo
(and spill secrets about my WIP!)
Conversations: Diversity and Mental Health
(a new meme you should definitely check out!)

When We Collided by Emery Lord
An excellent YA story with themes of first love, family, and mental illness
The Sign of One by Eugene Lambert
An intriguing page-turner of a sci-fi thriller

I'm on a book buying ban but...

Oftomes publishing was doing a sale on their kindle books! If you're quick you might be able to still get them for 99p off Amazon (I believe the offer is available on Amazon US as well)
   

I went to a charity book sale and the result was this:
  Norwegian Wood
  Pride & Prejudice
 The Aspern Papers and the Turn of the Screw
 Mrs Dalloway 
 The Outsider
 One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich
  Cymbeline
 The Thirteenth Tale
 Saturday
 The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
I also received a few ARCs I'm pretty excited about!
These are all set for publication in June:

  

✦ Review of SHTUM by Jem Lester
✦ Review of Dawn at Emberwilde by Sarah E. Ladd
(I finally took a dip into historical romance!)
✦ Possibly a writing update
How was your week? Tell me one good thing that happened to you, or maybe tell me your favourite book from the past week or two?

You Might Also Like

0 comments